What is a Virtualization Assessment?
Wazi Technical Solutions virtualization assessment is a 4—5 day fixed price engagement that analyzes your IT infrastructure and gives a clear view of server consolidation opportunities within an existing physical IT infrastructure. We assess the current server landscape and provide recommendations on how virtualization can increase your quality of service and decrease your total cost of ownership. The virtualization assessment will also determine any potential costs and savings and better prepare a company to roll out a virtualization deployment.
What does it do?
The Virtualization Assessment analyzes factors such as server utilization, server consolidation, application failover, application isolation, memory, network, storage, security, and more.
- Estimate potential server consolidation cost savings
- Estimate required server hardware and software licenses
- Accelerate the assessment process with proven and certified expert Deliverables
- Up to 30 days of system and performance data for existing Windows® servers in your environment. To collect the data, a consultant installs software on the system to determine what can be virtualized.
- Data analysis for up to 200 existing Windows servers
- Server consolidation and virtualization assessment report including a preliminary total cost of ownership analysis of the sampled environment, and recommendations
Companies planning server consolidation projects who need guidance on sizing requirements and justification of expenditures to facilitate consolidation via virtualization
Roles and Responsibilities
- A Wazi Certified Professional Consultant: Leads assessment efforts; provides best practices knowledge for ongoing datacenter and infrastructure issues
- Customer IT Management: Plans and coordinates all assessment-related IT activities
- Systems Administrator: Responsible for server hardware, storage and networking
- Server Administrator: Responsible for operating system and applications
- Scope and Pricing
- Up to two (2) days onsite with two to three weeks of off-site monitoring
- Assessment Report created and delivered
- Dedicated, networked (including Internet access) Windows 2000 Server SP3 or higher machine with at least 500 MHz CPU, 256MB RAM, and 2GB free disk space
- Local and domain administrator (root) access to existing servers to gather data for use in analysis